Diamona & Harnisch - Life's Finest Values
Menu
Blog | 28. März 2018

FOR ONE EXTRA WEEK: WANDELISM IS STAYING OPEN UNTIL EASTER

Urban Art in Berlin-Wilmersdorf

Berlin is always good for a surprise or two. Unpretentious, flexible and in no way mainstream – that’s the essence of Berlin and its inhabitants. You just have to look at what is currently happening in an old, car repair shop that is scheduled for demolition at Wilhelmsause 32 for a perfect example of Berlin’s spirit in action. Diamona & Harnisch invited a collective of artists to use the repair shop as a free artistic space for building, spraying, painting and gluing until the building is demolished – and they happily accepted. Now, with the artists exhibiting their works, Berliners are queuing around the block to admire the art that has been created here. Roughly 17,000 visitors experienced WANDELISM in a single week. Just yesterday afternoon, a record 20,000 visitors attended. Originally set to open for a single week, the fruits of this temporary, free art project will now be on display every day from 12 noon to 10 p.m., up to and including Easter Saturday, March 31, 2018.

 

DEMOLITION OF THE CAR REPAIR WORKSHOP HAS BEEN POSTPONED

Under the original plans, the building’s fate was set to be sealed with the end of this unique urban art exhibition on March 24, 2018. But the endless stream of visitors has led Diamona & Harnisch to extend this deadline. The Berlin-based property developer has decided to postpone the demolition works in order to give a larger number of art lovers a chance to experience this amazing exhibition for themselves. See for yourself how the real estate industry is working hand in hand with street artists in Berlin-Wilmersdorf. It’s an example that could set an exciting precedent – and not only in Berlin.

WANDELISM unites a variety of urban art styles – from graffiti and contemporary art to installations – under a single concept: change.

What’s more: Admission to the exhibition, which was initiated by Señor Schnu, FTvS Fine Arts, Murales Berlin and Jerome Graff, remains free of charge throughout the extra week. If visitors want to, they are cordially invited to make a donation. Around 30% of any income generated, for example from special tours of the exhibition, is being donated to a kindergarten project. The remaining 70% will be divided fairly and equally among all of the artists and helpers.

 

Location:
Wilhelmsaue 32, 10713 Berlin

IMG_5878
IMG_4941
IMG_5141
IMG_5348
IMG_5525
IMG_5530
IMG_5535
IMG_5648
IMG_5661
IMG_5697
IMG_4854
IMG_5827
IMG_6028
IMG_6037
IMG_6071
IMG_6083
IMG_6094
IMG_6114
IMG_6117
IMG_6119
IMG_6120
IMG_6133
IMG_6212
IMG_6216
IMG_6441
IMG_6443

 

Archiv

 
Blog | 28. März 2018

FOR ONE EXTRA WEEK: WANDELISM IS STAYING OPEN UNTIL EASTER

Urban Art in Berlin-Wilmersdorf

Berlin is always good for a surprise or two. Unpretentious, flexible and in no way mainstream – that’s the essence of Berlin and its inhabitants. You just have to look at what is currently happening in an old, car repair shop that is scheduled for demolition at Wilhelmsause 32 for a perfect example of Berlin’s spirit in action. Diamona & Harnisch invited a collective of artists to use the repair shop as a free artistic space for building, spraying, painting and gluing until the building is demolished – and they happily accepted. Now, with the artists exhibiting their works, Berliners are queuing around the block to admire the art that has been created here. Roughly 17,000 visitors experienced WANDELISM in a single week. Just yesterday afternoon, a record 20,000 visitors attended. Originally set to open for a single week, the fruits of this temporary, free art project will now be on display every day from 12 noon to 10 p.m., up to and including Easter Saturday, March 31, 2018.

 

DEMOLITION OF THE CAR REPAIR WORKSHOP HAS BEEN POSTPONED

Under the original plans, the building’s fate was set to be sealed with the end of this unique urban art exhibition on March 24, 2018. But the endless stream of visitors has led Diamona & Harnisch to extend this deadline. The Berlin-based property developer has decided to postpone the demolition works in order to give a larger number of art lovers a chance to experience this amazing exhibition for themselves. See for yourself how the real estate industry is working hand in hand with street artists in Berlin-Wilmersdorf. It’s an example that could set an exciting precedent – and not only in Berlin.

WANDELISM unites a variety of urban art styles – from graffiti and contemporary art to installations – under a single concept: change.

What’s more: Admission to the exhibition, which was initiated by Señor Schnu, FTvS Fine Arts, Murales Berlin and Jerome Graff, remains free of charge throughout the extra week. If visitors want to, they are cordially invited to make a donation. Around 30% of any income generated, for example from special tours of the exhibition, is being donated to a kindergarten project. The remaining 70% will be divided fairly and equally among all of the artists and helpers.

 

Location:
Wilhelmsaue 32, 10713 Berlin

IMG_5878
IMG_4941
IMG_5141
IMG_5348
IMG_5525
IMG_5530
IMG_5535
IMG_5648
IMG_5661
IMG_5697
IMG_4854
IMG_5827
IMG_6028
IMG_6037
IMG_6071
IMG_6083
IMG_6094
IMG_6114
IMG_6117
IMG_6119
IMG_6120
IMG_6133
IMG_6212
IMG_6216
IMG_6441
IMG_6443

 

Archiv

 

© 2017 D & H Projektmanagement GmbH | Voßstr. 23 | 10117 Berlin | T. +49(0)30. 89 38 46 0 | info@diamona-harnisch.com | Monday – Friday: 09:00 am – 18:00 pm
ImpressumHaftungsausschluss | Datenschutz

Instagram

© 2018 Diamona & Harnisch Development GmbH
Voßstr. 23 | 10117 Berlin | T. 030 89 38 46 0 | info@diamona-harnisch.com

Imprint & Disclaimer